Wednesday, October 12, 2011

50 Years Later! Happy Anniversary Daysi & Elio!

Daysi & Elio Gonzalez
Early in life we always wonder if we will find our  perfect soul mate. Sometimes we do and sometimes we struggle in our quest. For Daysi & Elio, struggle was never a factor. This happy couple has recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. It was a magical night where we celebrated their happiness and their journey. With over 120 guests, we had a packed house, literally.

Michelle, their daughter and my previous employer, called me to take care of the details. I immediately said YES, without hesitation. And so the details and planning began. What better way to celebrate their roots by having a Cuban themed event? It was perfect. We had bright colors all over the place. We had dancers dressed up and welcoming the guests, while offering them a mojito! Guests were asked to take a picture of themselves behind a rumba dancer character cut-out. Hilarious! That picture was given to the guests as they left the party. We had the couple renew their vows immediately after they watched a slideshow created by us, capturing their amazing journey. Ceremony was conducted by Frank Nunez.

The presentation was amazing, if I may say so myself. Everything was glowing, the presents barely fit on the table, the guests were laughing and dancing, and I was so touched to have been in charge of this magical night.

I took a moment in the night and pinched myself because for a minute there, I was able to smile and say... I did it! Enjoy!



Daysi & Elio: Thank you for the touching message you left me. I still have it saved. I am so happy you were as happy as I was. Thank you for letting me be a part of such a special moment in your lives.




Presentation by Mia Bella Events & Design


Martini Portions of Arroz con Pollo and Pan Con Lechon Sandwiches
 
Custom Flags created by Mia Bella Events & Design





Plantain Bar with mixed sauces by Mia Bella Events & Design














No comments:

Post a Comment